Monday, June 4, 2007

Open for Business!

Ok so Gift of Time is officially open for business! My website is online and active at www.agiftoftimeonline.com.

I am mostly doing word of mouth advertising for now. I have a bunch of flyers printed out which I am planning on putting all around town and I am working on getting a brochure printed out as we speak.

I have sent out an email to people I know and have called some local papers to find out about ad rates. whew! lots to do and lots to think about. I am quickly figuring out that the marketing of the business is defenitly the most time consuming and most overwhelming for a newbie business owner. So far this adventure has been a great learning experience for me because I am getting to do alot of things that I don't normally do in my everyday life and I love that.

On another note there is a book that I am really anxious to read, I read about it on this website that I am now addicted to, StartupNation.com. The book is called "One person/Multiple careers" by Marci Alboher and it is about creating what she calls a "slash life", where you have multiple careers going on at once. I always saw myself as someone who would do multiple things throughout life and that has been clearly evidenced by my various career choices over the years and now there is actually a name for it and other people who do it too. It really gives people validity that they too can start another career while pursuing one.

So I am now officially living my "slash life" as a mom/realtor/entrepenuer. I have to clearly give credit to my husband whom without I would not be able to even dream of having a slash life. Thank you, honey.

No comments: